Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My 8's

So I saw this on a blog for a friend of a friend. I don't usually go in for lists, but I liked this one. Maybe they are supposed to be, but for me, my lists aren't in order of greatest importance

8 things I'm Passionate About:
1. My family
2. Good steak (medium to medium-rare, only salt and pepper and maybe lemon pepper)
3. Video games
4. Liberty
5. My country
6. Russian language and history
7. Chinese language and history
8. Books

8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
1. Go to St. Petersburg, Russia again
2. See the Red Square in Moscow, Russia
3. Visit Beijing, Shanghai, Taibei, and Huzhou, China
4. Have a son and daughter
5. Learn a third foreign language
6. Earn a Bachelor's Degree
7. Visit many of the major Civil War and Revolutionary War battle sites
8. Get under 200 lbs again

8 Things I Say Often:
1. "Crap!"
2. "Suck it up!"
3. "Sorry."
4. "Get off your back!" (I'm coaching wrestling)
5. "Пошёл бы ты на фиг!"
6. "Здорово, Корово!"
7. "说曹操曹操就到"
8. "What else? Who else? Why else? How else? Where else?"

8 Books I've Recently Read:
1. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
2. Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
3. Rogue Angel by Alex Archer
4. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgolkov
5. Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer (actually listened on CDs)
6. The Painted House by John Grisham (also on CDs)
7. Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz
8. Lisey's Story by Stephen King

8 Things I could listen to over and over:
1. Lion King soundtrack (Only the Broadway version)
2. "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by The Crash Test Dummies
3. My wrestlers' names being called at tournament medal ceremonies
4. Bacon sizzling in a pan
5. People complaining when I kill them on Halo
6. Little children laughing
7. Certain Wierd Al Yankovic songs (i.e. "Eat It", "Fat", "The Saga Begins", etc.)
8. Most songs by Chicago

8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends:
1. Being teamed up during extreme circumstances
2. Blood relation (My closest friends are my relatives, for the most part)
3. Being able to lean on them and they being able to lean on me
4. Trust
5. Similar senses of humor
6. Being able to talk about similar experiences
7. Paying back borrowed money (I've lost friendships because of this)
8. Similar morals and values

8 Things I've Learned This Past Year:
1. College admissions have changed dramatically, both for the good and bad
2. Not having a full-time job is more boring than working the same job everyday
3. How to cook a roast in the crock pot (not really that hard)
4. CNAs at geriatric hospitals are extremely undervalued
5. The Auotbahn (Germany) isn't as cool as it always sounded to me, but the castles are
6. How to solve the Rubik's Cube
7. You can still win a game on Fantasy Football when half your starters have a bye week
8. Having only one TV channel really sucks

7 comments:

julie said...

I'm also passionate about books and liberty (along with a couple other things on your list).

I'd also like to get below 200lbs again - I bet I have farther to go than you.

I also say numbers 5-7 a lot! Wow! What a coincidence!

I haven't read any of the books on your list.

Aaahhh. I love the Lion King soundtrack. Too bad you took your cd away from me. Meanie!

"for the most part"??? Who does that cover?

You've learned some interesting things. Personally, I really liked registering for classes online. It was a lot easier for me. Someday, maybe, I'll learn how to solve a Rubik's cube. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

Great Post (I'm just getting back into blogging, thought I'd check out your blog!)
I agree with You and Julie, I am also passionate about books.
I challenge you at Halo! I bet I would surprise you with my skills. And if you are still better than me, then you can enjoy my complaining when you kill me! :P

Mo Bloggin' said...

Julie - "for the most part" means that my closest friends are mostly relatives, however there are a few close friends that aren't family. And as for the Lion King Soundtrack, maybe you should have bought a copy of the CD for yourself when you bought it for me.

Katie - I would love to take you on at Halo. I'm only marginally good. I usually play with people that don't have a lot of time to play. So if you play a lot, I'm sure that you will kick my butt. However, that doesn't mean that I am unwilling to play. It's always good to play with people that are better than you are.

{leah} said...

The idea for a blog is to keep posting....And the "Who else," "what else," "Why else" ect. sounds like a lot of what happens at our house.

Did you see that Steve turned 30. Man, we are getting old!

julie said...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Zzzzzz.

julie said...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(teehee).

julie said...

Are you still alive? I called you last night and you never called me back! You don't post. I'm beginning to worry about your safety!

Call me!!

Post!!!

That's all. Now I'm going back to sleep.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.