Monday, October 22, 2007

College

So, I will be starting school for the first time in 6 years next semester. I'm a little nervous about not having the study habits anymore (not like I had great study habits to begin with). I am also worried about taking classes that go beyond the ones I took 6 years ago. I doubt that I remember too much about them. Oh well. I will just have to figure it out. I have around 80 credits, but still feel very much like a freshman. This is only added to by the fact that I will probably have to still go to school for at least 3-4 years. I must say, though, that I am very excited to start my forward progression in my life again. I sometimes feel like I am stuck in a rut. I feel like my memory is really slipping, too. I think that I have not really used it too much and that I am starting to forget things too easily. Anyways, I think that I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to explain the anxiety and excitement I am feeling.

I am planning on getting into translating/interpreting. As I have mentioned before, I already speak Russian and Chinese. This is what I want to study, with a touch of business. I would like to get a job with an international business that will provide me a chance to go to Russia and/or China every so often (this would be especially good if I could take my family with me).

2 comments:

julie said...

By "my family with me", you meant me, right???

Seriously, though, I'm excited for you to start school again! You'll find that you have even better study habits now than you did before because you're more mature now and realize the importance of studying. What classes are you taking?

Alyson said...

Congrats on getting back to the whole school thing. I feel like my memory isn't as good as it used to be either.

I was going to say the same thing as Julie...I'm still not the best studier out there, but I'm much better now than I was when I was younger. I think you realize how important studying is, and also that you don't want to have to waste your time or money to take a class over.